Installing the Qredit core on Ubuntu18.04
These step by step instructions successfully install the Qredit Core successfully on Ubuntu 18.04:
Installing the Ubuntu 18.04 server
- Do a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 on a VM
- make the installation as clean as possible, don't install any options unless you really need them.
- sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y --> Make sure everything is up-to-date
Not going to explain the installation of Ubuntu 18.04 here step by step.
Adding a user for the Qredit Core
- sudo adduser qredit --> create the user
- sudo usermod -aG sudo qredit --> add the user to the sudo users
Completely disabled root access and switch to the new account
- sudo passwd -l root --> root can't login anymore
- su - qredit --> login as the new qredit user
Download core-control and start the installation
- git clone https://github.com/qredit/core-control --> clone the GitHub repository
- cd core-control --> move into the directory
- ./ccontrol.sh install core --> start the installation
- sudo reboot --> restart the system after installation
- su - qredit --> login as the qredit user again after the reboot
Starting the core relay
- ccontrol start relay --> start the relay, this will start syncing with the chain
- ccontrol logs relay --> here you can see the progress of the synchronization
Go on when the chain is fully in sync.
Snapshot, secret and start forging
- ccontrol snapshot create --> start the relay, this will start syncing with the chain
- ccontrol secret set 12-word-passphrase of the forging wallet (space between each 2 words) --> make sure the forging process can access the wallet
- ccontrol start forger --> this command will start the forger. If all is set right and you're in the top 51 of the delegates you're forging XQR from this point.
- ccontrol logs forger --> here you will see information about the forger and forged blocks